Is the Bible Trustworthy?
Both science and archaeology are often used by sceptics to show that the Bible is incorrect. But more and more, these same ‘proofs’ leave them red-faced when further developments in these technical fields actually help to confirm what the Bible said all along!
‘…one cannot be exposed to the law and order of the universe without concluding that there must be a Divine intent behind it all….Science and religion are not antagonists…they are sisters. While science tries to learn more about the creation, religion tries to better understand the Creator.’ – Werner von Braun
The Bible speaks accurately of these scientific facts, among others:
- Roundness of the Earth – Isaiah 40:22
- Northern Empty Expanse – Job 26:7
- Earth Hanging on Nothing (not back of a turtle) – Job 26:7
- Weight of Air – Job 28:25
- Rotation of the Earth – Luke 17:34-36
- Number of Stars – Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22; Psalm 147:4
- Water Cycle – Ecclesiastes 1:7
- Trade Winds – Ecclesiastes 1:6
- Importance of Blood – Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 17:11, 14
- Unity of the Human Race – Genesis 9:19; 10:32; Acts 17:26
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics – Joshua 9:13; Nehemiah 9:21; Hebrews 1:10-12
Long before scientists made these discoveries, Bible students knew these scientific facts. In other words, scientists are still catching up with the Bible.
Tell me, how could the Bible contain these basic facts so long before scientists discovered them? Could it be coincidence? Were the witnesses making lucky guesses? Or could it be that an all-knowing God authored the Bible just like the Bible claims?
The following chart demonstrates how many great scientists and inventors were Bible believers. As Creation Scientists they believed the Lord created Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden just as the first two chapters of the Bible declare.